Last updated March 15, 2022
Neptune Cloud is committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it when you use our app or website. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you register for and use our services. The information we collect may include the following:
- Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; job titles; usernames; passwords; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; billing addresses; chat messages, trading information; and other similar information to provide our services.
- Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Google, Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts. We only collect the information required for account creation and login.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the services.
- Geolocation Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our services, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, contacts, reminders, sensors, calendar, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer, operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, Internet Protocol (IP) address and information about the features of our app you accessed.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Chat and Trading information. Chat and trading information for the purpose of processing deals.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To facilitate delivery of our SaaS services. We may use your information to provide you with the features of our services.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the services.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to provide our services.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, data analytics and marketing efforts. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners for certain services.
- Other Users. When you share information or otherwise interact with users of our services, such personal information may be viewed by the relevant users. For example, your contacts may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
We only share and disclose your information with the following categories of third parties:
- Cloud Computing Services
- Communication & Collaboration Tools
- Data Analytics Services
- Data Storage Service Providers
- User Account Registration & Authentication Services
- Website Hosting Service Providers
- Finance & Accounting Tools
5. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
Our Services offers you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform. We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant services.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information at the earliest reasonable time.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, no internet based platform can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services is at your own risk. You should only access our services within a secure environment.
8. HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, transfer, or delete it. To request to review, update, transfer, or delete your personal information, or for any other privacy related questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to:
Neptune Cloud Inc.
Annex B-413, 12, Gaetbeol-ro, Yeonsu-gu,
Republic of Korea
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.